Friday, December 14, 2007

Coming the first week of the new year: The Apocalypse Code

The end times are a main focuss of much of evangelical Christianity. They have taken on a new significance thanks to the mega-bestselling Left Behind series. However, I am not one who believes in the Left Behind-style teaching, nor do I agree with the significance of the modern state of Israel, or that there will be a rapture in terms of a "secret second coming" before the actual main event, and so on.

I've been working on collecting my thoughts for some time, which is why I haven't posted much since November. I'm working on a multi-post series on the end times, using Hank Hanegraaff's new book, The Apocalypse Code, as a main ingredient.

Essentially, I no longer hold to the end times theology propogated by Tim LaHaye, John Hagge and even one of my heroes in the faith, John MacArthur. Because every post is closely related, I wanted to have most (if not all) written up front.

Please understand that this will not be an attack on anyone's faith. Rather, I want to examine why the premilenialism teaching that has grown in strength since it was first taught in the 1800s has introduced serious error into the modern church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.